She was an american girl, raised on promises

She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life

Somewhere else

After all, it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to

~Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers~

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Such is life

Well, this past weekend wasn't a total cleaning bust. :) I got The Boy's house almost entirely cleaned (except for The Munchkin's room and the kitchen), but didn't get anything done at my house. I actually ended up staying at his house for almost the whole weekend.

On Saturday, I took a break to have lunch and see Alice in Wonderland with Stef. If you haven't seen it, GO NOW! We had lunch at Que Pasa (which was wonderful), a beer, and a shot of Jager. We stopped at Magoo's and split a pitcher of beer before I dropped her off. On Sunday, after spending a grueling morning cleaning The Boy's house, I called Stef and we had lunch again. This time with a couple of friends. We went to Chili's and had a blast (and got a little tipsy) despite the fact that we had the worst service I've ever had.

Tuesday was a miserable day...it got slightly better when I got off work and got to spend the evening with The Boy and Munchkin down at A's house where we hung out and ate dinner. Thanks to The Munchkin's mom (who decided to take The Munchkin for the night), The Boy and I also got to have some alone time. That was nice. :)

Let me just say that I am completely and utterly amazed on a very consistent basis by how much I love this Boy. Seriously. It blows my mind. He takes such amazing care of me...spoils me rotten, if the truth be known. I can't wait to spend some more time with him in the next 2 weeks. When he gets off work on Sunday, he'll have lots of time off and we'll be able to make up for the mess our schedules have made of our routine over the past few weeks. This weekend, instead of being able to spend a little bit of time with him on Friday afternoon, I have to work and take the car to A so he can look it over. On Saturday, I'm going to Ventura for the day with mom, grandma, and the aunts. I'm looking forward to our girls' day out, but I'm going to miss hanging out with The Boy on Saturday afternoon...especially since he's taking The Munchkin and her sister to a birthday party.

Oh yes, I have turned into a blethering, pathetically sappy girl. Haha. It kind of makes me sick...until I remember that he's totally worth the crap I get from friends and family. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment