She was an american girl, raised on promises

She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life

Somewhere else

After all, it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to

~Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers~

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Can I just quit my job and be a bum?

Since our supervisor wasn't at work again today, and Thursday is the day of the Supervisor Staff Meeting for our division, we had another supervisor (who used to supervise my unit before I ended up over here) come and tell us about what was decided.

Since we're apparently not far enough behind, we now have to write down the name and case number of every case that we touch throughout the day. The reports have to be turned in at the end of every day. Can I just say that this is not going to help with my goal of being caught up by the end of the month?

I already know there's no way I'm going to be able to stay current on that during the 9 to 12 hours that I'm here every day. I'm going to have to figure out a faster way. Or just start making things up.

I love how, working for the county, means that you get lumped in with everyone else as a worker. Never mind that I'm actually close to caught up, that I've been spending most of my time helping others catch up, and that I've started lying about how much work I get done on a daily basis so they won't keep giving me more than I can handle.

I just had a conversation with a coworker about how ridiculous this is. If they're trying to bring up certain people's production, CONFRONT THEM. Let the supervisors handle them. If the supervisors are unwilling or unable to handle their bad workers, then maybe something should be done about the supervisors. But, because we work for the government and the government is not willing to hurt anyone's feelings or single anyone out, we all get lumped together and punished.

I'm so sick of this crap.

In an even more frustrating turn of events, we had a bomb threat today. So we spent over an hour after lunch standing in the parking lot before they found out that it was going to take at least 4 hours to clear the building so they sent us home. While it's nice to have half the day off, it means I'm going to be even more behind on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment