She was an american girl, raised on promises

She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life

Somewhere else

After all, it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to

~Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am exhausted.

Last night, because The Munchkin was having a rough day (Kindergarten shots will do that, ya know) and I needed to spend some more time with them, The Boy and I picked up Mel and Chloe and took them and The Munchkin to John's Incredible Pizza.

I was slightly dreading the crowds and rude children whose parents refuse to control them, but it turned out rather well. I spent about the same amount of money as I usually do when I take my sisters out someplace, but we walked away with a bunch of cheap prizes and good memories (which are not so cheap). The place was almost empty and we had so much fun that, when I realized it was 20 minutes to 9:00 on a school night, I kinda flipped out and rushed us out of there. Haha.

Turns out, my mom wasn't concerned with me keeping the girls out past their bedtime, so I don't feel too badly about it.

Tonight, The Boy goes back to work. It's his short week, but my long one, so I normally wouldn't get to see him until Saturday afternoon. This weekend, he's leaving for a guys' trip on Saturday afternoon and won't be back until Tuesday. :( Hopefully, I'll get to see him on Tuesday night for a little bit. Otherwise, I won't get to see him until the following Sunday afternoon because I'm working on my flex day (next Friday) and I'm going out of town for a girls' trip on Saturday.

Work is driving me nuts, as per usual. My supervisor seems to really enjoy making us miserable and treating us like garbage. He's gone at least one day a week. Plus, there's the fact that he's never available to us when he's actually here we actually DO need something from him. Go figure. I'm thinking very seriously about requesting to transfer to another division. I don't really want to go to another unit within this division because I'd like the experience of working in another division. I don't really want to go to intake, but Cash Aid might be a change of pace. I don't care how needy the clients or involved the cases, I'd commit some very serious crimes against humanity to have a caseload under 400. Thankfully, with the addition of J to the unit, our caseloads went down by almost 100 cases each. That means that my caseload is only almost double the recommended size, not almost triple.



No comments:

Post a Comment