She was an american girl, raised on promises

She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life

Somewhere else

After all, it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to

~Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers~

Monday, March 1, 2010

Anyone wanna place a bet?

About 2 weeks before Valentine's Day hit, several of my friends started saying that The Boy was going to propose o Valentine's Day. I knew he wasn't, but the idea of taking bets never occured to me until I said something to him that weekend. Since the same people are now telling me he's going to propose on my birthday (the end of this month and also the first day of our Disneyland vacation), I've decided I'm taking bets. :)

On Friday night, I stopped by his place on my way between work and the bar and ended up helping The Munchkin get ready because they were running late. She was putting her shoes on with her older sister standing there. I was turning her jacket right side out when she asks "Bethanie, are you going to marry my daddy?" I almost choked on my gum. Haha. I told her she'd have to ask her daddy that question and then turned around before I started cracking up.

So, apparently, even his five year old daughter expects us to get married (although, I have a sneaking suspicion that The Munchkin-and later her sister's-questions were the result of someone opening their mouth...I have a few ideas of who it might be). Maybe The Munchkin will place a bet? :-p

Last night, The Boy was having a text message converstion with Mel about a boy. When The Boy told Mel to send him said boy's phone number, she told The Boy that he's like her brother and she knows how that works (she's right, The Boy would probably scare the poor little middle school boy to death). Mel has already told me I need to marry The Boy because she's tired of saying "my sister's boyfriend" and "my sister's boyfriend's daughter" when "brother in law" and "niece" are so much easier. I definitely recall some laughter-induced tears about that conversation. lol.

The amazing part to me is that so many people are chomping at the bit for me to marry him (the kids I understand...time is a different concept for them). Yes, we got serious kind of quickly, but we've only been together for 3 months! Will my feelings be hurt if he proposes anytime soon? Of course not. But, by the same token, I'm also completely okay with him waiting for a while.

I am, however, taking bets. You can call, text, or email me if you want in. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment