She was an american girl, raised on promises

She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life

Somewhere else

After all, it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to

~Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers~

Friday, May 7, 2010

Seriously, now!

People really need to get with the program.

I am continuing on in my self-centric view of the world in which I act just like every other human being. (READ: The world revolves around me and my plans).

The Boy, The Munchkin, and I were supposed to go to San Diego for a few days with my parents and sisters to see Greg, Linds, and Cambria and take the kiddos to Sea World.

First, there was a time when we weren't sure if The Boy's vacation time was going to be cancelled. Then, he had financial issues so he's not going after all. That means that I need to either find a way to go myself or miss out on the kiddos' first time at Sea World. I will not spend several days in a hotel room with my parents and sisters and I really don't want to spend several days in a small apartment with my brother and sister in law. Ugh.

Anyway, tonight I was planning on getting out and having some fun. My friend Stef invited me to go see a Led Zeppelin cover band that's playing at Fish Lips tonight. The cover was kind of outrageous, but it sounded like fun...especially since I can't go out of town like I wanted to on account of Mother's Day. I figured I'd celebrate the weekend with some dinner and drinks and good rock n roll. That is, until Stef texted me to say that the new bartender called in (again, for the second Friday in a row) and she'll be working a double. She won't even get off work until at least midnight. So there goes my plans for forgetting my troubles for while.

Instead, I'm looking at a night spent in my house, probably contemplating organization and doing very little. Perhaps I'll drink a bottle of wine. Probably, though, it'll be another night of me sitting in front of the TV, drinking iced tea and eating celery sticks. Too bad there's nothing good on TV on Friday nights and I don't have cable or the internet. I'll then spend the rest of the weekend (with the possible exception of Mother's Day itself when I might actually be too busy for self pity) missing The Boy and wishing I had a life outside of work and lying on either his couch or mine.

Have I mentioned I feel like my stomach is eating my insides alive? I've had incessant heartburn of the extremely uncomfortable variety and have been living on Peppermints and Tums. I actually keep root beer by the bed or couch when I'm asleep so I can wake up and drink something that will calm my stomach and hopefully ease the acid that usually makes me feel like I'm going to throw up every five minutes.

I really wish there was more to everyday life than all these things that make me constantly stressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment